Friday, May 04, 2007

Beach Weekend Essentials

Let the weekend beach vacations begin! Try not to think about how much traffic is on I-95 and instead think about how cute you’re going to look when you get there! Besides, maybe they’ll be a hot James Dean type starring you down in the car next to you :-).

Here are some of my beach weekend essentials:
Sea Horse Tote, Gap $19.99
I think I’ve adopted seahorses as my new personal symbol. This Gap tote is perfect for fitting all your beach affects and it’s a little more flashy then my ole L.L. Bean Boat-n-Tote. (Don’t worry little Boat-n-Tote, I’m still obsessed with you!)

Babydoll Halter, Victoria’s Secret $29
I got this dress last year for my Halloween costume as a champagne bottle, and I’m pretty excited to wear it this summer. Beware, you will have cleavage in this dress, but it does have a built in bra. So forgo the strapless at least in the summer.

Tie Front Top, Victoria’s Secret $25 2/$40
Every beach babe needs a fool proof going out top for a little après-beach partying. This one is perfect with the eyelet lace detailing. It also comes in a bazillion colors to choose from.

Mother of Pearl Sandals Mystique, $120
I’m pretty sure there is a mystique sandal cult out there, and I might just be part of it. Mystique makes a huge variety of leather soled sandals with shells, beads and gorgeous rhinestones. They are a little pricey, but extremely comfortable and add elegance to your daily summer routine.

Antique Hoodie, J.Crew, $50
Beach nights can be chilly, even if you’re singing patriotic anthems around a bonfires (gosh, what dorks do that!) This hoodie is perfect for summer nights. Believe it or not, it’s actually slimming. I know, you didn’t think that could be possible, right? I’m in love with this hoodie and may just have to get another one!

No comments: