Monday, July 09, 2007

Summer Trauma: Peeling Skin

Ah summer. The sun, the sea, the salty air, just close your eyes and….you’re burnt to a crisp and now its peeling! Ahhh! Nothing looks worse with a tube top than blotchy peeling shoulders and backs, not to mention scalps. Fortunately on my trip to Sephora today, I found two amazing products that will buff away just about any sunburned disaster area. Of course this is after your skin has recovered from that naughty sunburn (where was your SPF 55???!).

Super Skin Saver #1:
L'Occitane Crushed-Grape Polish $26 Unfortunately Sephora won’t let me copy the pic, so check it out on the site!

I spotted this buffin’ miracle because of its gorgeous pink tube and since I haven’t bought an L’Occitane product in a while I thought I would see what new things they had. My first impression of this polish was its refreshing scent. Don’t be scared by the “grape” in its name, it smells more like a fruity garden than a grape. It does have grape extract in it, and the main exfoliating element is the crushed up walnut shells (which are very gentle by the way). It also has grape seed oil in it which is a perfect emollient to smooth out your skin as it scrubs away the dead grossness. This polish would be great for the usual rough patches, knees, elbows, and as prep for the St. Tropez sunless tanner that you will inevitably need to even out that spotting patch under the peeled off skin. It’s also supposed to “eliminate cellular waste.” I’m not too sure what that is, but I’m pretty certain none of us want cellular waste!

Super Skin Saver #2:
Sensitive Scalp Exfoliating Tonic Fredric Fekkai, $30

When was the last time you pampered your scalp? I’m sure most of you weren’t too keen on the hot olive oil treatments like I was in 8th grade (I was a very advanced child). I hate to break it to you girls, but your scalp is screaming for attention! A healthy scalp directly correlates to more healthy and shiny hair, so give it a little love. The summer is an especially hard time for you scalp since it’s almost impossible to apply sunscreen on it, and if you actually dare to lather it up, your hair is guaranteed to be greasy. So give your scalp a break and sooth it with this exfoliating tonic that comes as a 4 week treatment. It calms the scalp with botanicals and afterwards your scalp will be completely moisturized and back to its old self.


No comments: