Thursday, October 26, 2006

Deserted Island Makeup...


Sometimes I think I have way too much makeup. What if I cut down a bit? If I were deserted on an island, what beauty items would I HAVE to have? I decided there are about 10 things currently in my makeup bag that I definitely couldn’t live without.







Here they are:

Dior Show Waterproof Mascara – This is my ‘going out’ mascara. It has a huge applicator brush, and gives your eyes instant glamour.

Shu uemura Eyelash Curler – Shu uemura’s eyelash curler is the holy grail of eyelash curlers. Run it under HOT water before you use it, dry it off, and presto! Your eyes will look just like those blinkie dolls.

Photo Finish Smashbox Primer – Primers are actually essential. They make your foundation stay on better and smooth out your skin for flawless make up application

Chanel Silky Bronzing Powder – I stumbled upon this bronzer one day at the Chanel counter, and it’s really beautiful. Many times people have asked me where I got “sun.” I’ve never admitted it was this silky bronzer.

Nars Duo Eye shadow in Demon Lover and India Song – These are two of my new eye shadows, and I love them! India Song has a great cream color that can be used as a base, and any of the other colors can be used as eyeliner.

Rosebud Salve – This lip balm is a cult classic, and they just came out with a mint version too.

Chanel Lip Gloss in Blizzard – I’m a sucker for Chanel Lip Gloss. Every color is gorgeous, but Blizzard is a winner because it looks good on everyone.

Neutrogena-Shield-Sunblock-with Helioplex – Since I’m stuck on a desert (hopefully sunny) island, sunscreen is a must. This is a new sunscreen made with an anti-aging agent called Helioplex, and girls, with this stuff you will not burn! I used it all summer, and I’m counting on it to keep the wrinkles away!

Angled Brush – You would be surprised the difference a brush can make. This brush is great for applying eye shadow as eyeliner and also for filling in brows.

Eye shadow Brush – Another great brush. This one is perfect for applying base colors, and blending colors.

So maybe my essentials are a little bit more than essential, but I’ll certainly look good on that deserted island!

No comments: