Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Fashionable Winter Boots: Yes, Tara they do exist



With Winter fast approaching (it was 35 degrees when I woke up this morning!) it’s time to tackle one of the biggest fashion dilemmas out there: winter boots.

Last year I thought I had solved the problem with a cute pair of UGG clogs. They didn’t make my feet look like Troll booties, and the shearling inside was so soft, not to mention comfortable. Unfortunately I discovered they had a tragic flaw: no traction. After falling on my butt three times to and from the ski lodge, I decided the UGG clogs were OUT.

So when I started my hunt this year, I had quite the list of requirements

1. Fashionable – cannot make feet look fat, strangely shaped, or Troll like
2. Waterproof – there are tons of cute boots that won’t take you one block in a NYC snowstorm
3. Comfortable – these boots better be made for walkin’
4. Rugged Sole – I’m not falling simply walking down a hill this year, although after my falls my boyfriend did carry my skis from then on….

I found that Zappos and Shoebuy had some boots that fit my criteria:

Can't believe these are waterproof! – Ok so these don’t have a great sole, but they’re cute

Another winner

Love this Brand

Tan, Knee High, Lace-Up, and Waterproof

These have that après ski look

I bought these – They may not have fulfilled my whole list, but I’m sticking with UGG’s because I know they’re super soft

I’m definitely ready for a snowy Winter now!

No comments: