Thursday, March 15, 2007

Clearly I’ve been living under a bead-dazzled rock!



Someone save my poor naive feet!

I’ve never quite been able to afford a pair of Miss Trish of Capri leather sandals. They usually range from $200-$450 and have a bazillion rhinestones on them with intricate sea creatures and glistening metallic leather straps. If you’re wearing Miss Trish, you’ve made it baby (well at least with the Capri-jetting set).

But what I didn’t realize was that Miss Trish of Capri is actually a knockoff of Amedeo Canfora Handmade Sandals in Capri! And oh what clientele Camfora has had:

“Canfora was a favorite of Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis, for whom Amedeo never hesitated to open his shop out of normal trading hours so as to guarantee his client a fitting in total privacy. The sandal christened “K” was made exclusively for Mrs Onassis.”

Can you say, what would Jackie do? I think she would get some of these fabulous, not to mention authentic, leather sandals from Capri. They are a little pricey, about $200 at the low end, but you'll have them forever right?

What I’m still flabbergasted about is how the heck I missed this place when I was in Capri?

Canfora of Capri

Photos courtesy of canfora.com

No comments: