Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Beauty Police on Proenza Pink Patrole



If you haven't heard about the new brazenly pink lipstick from Lancome, Proenza Pink, by Proenza Schouler, you're probably stuck in the '80's. Oh wait, everything '80's is back, so you might actually be ahead of the fashion trends this season. (Scrunchies haven't quite made it back yet, thank goodness we still have time before the fashion apocalypse!)


To be honest I absolutely LOVE pink lips. Every time I get my makeup done at a beauty counter, they always put brown toned lip gloss or lipstick on me and the second I get home I wipe that brown goop off and bring out the pink! As with all these new "trends" you have to figure out which tone of pink will work with your skin color and hair.




Here's Fergie demonstrating how NOT to wear Proenza Pink: sooo not Fergalicious










It's too light for her skin and it actually looks chalky and dry, ewwww.




I think it's best to skip the lipstick all together and go for a gloss. The shine of a gloss will eliminate any possibility of chalkiness and will let a bit of the natural color of your lips shine through.


A good alternative is Dior Addict Lip Gloss in number 181. It still has the very light pink hue, but with a little iridescent shimmer which can be worn during the day or to work (it's not too overpowering). I couldn't find number 181 on the Sephora website, but I did see it in the store. It will run you about $23.50 for a square tube. Make sure you get the gloss with the gold cap. Dior sells 3 lines of lip gloss that all look similar except for the color of the caps.

Go forth with those pretty in pink puckers girls!






No comments: