Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Plantidote for the Fire Within

I’m revolting against my skin. I refuse to embrace my pale Irish face! I hate that it turns red very easily, which I have now recently discovered is called being a flusher-blusher (how charming!). I’ve been combating my red skin for some time now, and have found few products that actually reduce the red-factor and give my skin an even tone. The “green stuff” (Smashbox Photo Finish Primer in Green) can only do so much, so this past week I got serious. No more Miss Nice Girl Red Face.

I picked up Dr. Weil for Origins Plantidote™ Mega-Mushroom Face Serum which had been recommended to me by one of my favorite bloggers, The Beauty Addict. The salesgirl was equally as complementary of the mushroom face serum, and said she had been using it for acne. Apparently the mushroom extracts in the serum calms inflammation and optimizes the skins defenses and I have to say, so far, so good. I’ve been using the serum twice a day for a week. My skin is definitely less red and the blotchiness has disappeared. Also, surprisingly, my face isn’t as dry and it has a subtle glow that I’m LOVING! Goodbye flusher-blusher, hello gorgeous glowing goddess skin!


Origins Plantidote™ Mega-Mushroom Face Serum Origins, $65

No comments: