Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007: Navy is the new Black

Reader Request: Everything Navy Blue

I’ve always had a preference for navy over black. Black clothing is easy to find, especially in NYC, but finding navy clothes, shoes, and purses is rare. You might see someone wearing navy, but you can never find it yourself. Luckily, for my fellow navy-ophiles and me, this season designers fell in love with navy again.










Sleeveless Lace Shell BeBe, $79 if you can find it in navy in-store.










Navy Patent Elaa Steve Madden, $79.95
I just got these shoes, but in the closed-toe version. They’re so 1946 chic, but they are a bit uncomfortable.






Eyelet Top BeBe, $69
Pair this top with white slacks. Navy and white always look so fresh to me.

Piazza Cotton Jacket J.Crew, $140
This jacket would be perfect with slim cigarette pants.



Wild Daisy Prink Skirt J.Crew, $118
This skirt screams day at the Hamptons Polo fields, but I think with a crisp white button down, you could wear it to work.




















Hue Footless Tights Bare Necessities, $11 with Mini Skirt Rich and Skinny (this brand name is just too much!), $143




Small Zip Hobo Cole Haan, $425
I saw this hobo in the Cole Haan store and immediately fell in love, the navy suede is gorgeous.







Well navy may never be the new black, but with all these hot navy items, a girl can hope can’t she?

No comments: