Thursday, January 25, 2007

Green Goddess: Korres Beauty Review

Review: Korres Honey Moisturizing Mask

The soon to be single digit temps in NYC have completely ravaged my face. Instead of having an oily T-Zone as a source of angst, I have an extremely dry one. Either way, it’s unattractive and needed to be remedied.

A little while back I had my first experience ordering from the Derm Store and to get free shipping I threw into my shopping bag a product I had never heard of. It was Korres Honey Moisturizing Mask. Korres is a Greek based beauty company who prides itself on environmentally friendly and all natural cosmetic products. I thought the Honey Moisturizing Mask sounded fresh and helpful to my winter dry skin.

I tried it out for the first time last night. It has a very light pleasant scent and is very creamy as you apply it. Its main ingredients are Honey Extract, Macadamia Nut Oil and Quince. The directions said to leave it on for 10 minutes (although you can leave it on overnight) then rinse off with lukewarm water.

Surprisingly the mask did not firm up like other masks, but rather dried without making my face feel like it was going to crack off. After I rinsed it off, my skin did feel very smooth and soft, although a little bit tight, which I thought wasn’t going to happen. After that I went to bed with a light moisturizing toner on (like I always do).

In the morning my skin looked absolutely radiant. My make up went on smoothly without primer, and the overall tone/color of my skin was definitely improved. I highly recommend the Korres Moisturizing Mask if your skin is in that dull winter blah mood or just needs a little pick me up. I can’t wait to try some more of the Korres line!


Korres Honey Moisturizing Mask The Derm Store, $24.50

No comments: