Thursday, January 18, 2007

Trends for 2007: Silver Liquid Eyeliner



When I was 19 and a sophomore in college I got this stylish gift set from Elizabeth Arden. I wasn’t the makeup maven that I am today, so I was extremely excited to see all the shiny colors and slick packaging. In the set was this special edition silver liquid eyeliner. Part of me believes that little bottle of silver liquid eyeliner started my makeup obsession. I wore it out at night all the time and became pretty good at applying it smoothly. Alas, silver liquid eyeliner doesn’t last forever. Since then I haven’t been able to find the precious stuff anywhere. Since it was special edition, Elizabeth Arden doesn’t make it anymore and doesn’t carry anything similar.

I thought I was going to be stuck with black liquid eyeliner, until I heard about two new products. The first is Revlon’s Molten Metal eye shadow, and then second is Lancome’s Artliner. Molten Metal is more for covering a large area of the eye lid with a metallic hue (we’re heading in the right direction), while the Artliner is exactly what I was looking for. It has a slim precision brush that applies the liquid and once it sets, it doesn’t budge! Artliner comes in 10 colors; my personal picks are Socialite (silver) and Starshower (gold).

I’m sure the movie Dreamgirls should take credit for the sudden rise of the liquid liner; I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

Lancome Artliner Sephora, $27

Revlon Molten Metal Amazon, $12.24 Limited Edition

No comments: