Thursday, January 11, 2007

It’s Too Cold to Ski in a Bikini!


In honor of my weekend trip out to Utah, it’s time to gear up snow bunnies! It hasn’t snowed in NYC yet, but there’s tons of snow where I’m going. So if you’ve got an out-west trip planned, or are lucky enough to live out in all that snow, check out some of these fashionable, yet winter ready items.

Ok, maybe not my most fabulous ski pic, but I'm a serious skier :-)
Grandoe Gloves Fur Trimmed, Nordstom, $45
The only gloves that I’ll ski in are Grandoe. These aren’t meant for skiing, but even if you’re just making that long trip from your condo to the pub these gloves will keep your hands toasty.





Aviator Hat, Bloomingdale’s, $55
I am usually opposed to wearing bunny fur, but this aviator hat is fabulous. If you’re worried about getting it dirty, skip the white color and get the black. I’m warm just looking at it.








Marmot Rubicon Jacket, Marmot, $315
Marmot is another outdoor company that I love. Their jackets are cut especially with women in mind and have plenty of pockets for all your tissues, lip glosses and Ipods.










Oakley A Frame Hot Pink, USoutdoorstore.com, $120
Who can resist pink goggles? I like these because they won’t fog up.







Lord & Taylor Cashmere Turtleneck, L&T, 74.99
When it’s après ski time you’ll want to look cute, so put on this great light pink cashmere sweater. Thin cashmere sweaters are great for winter travel because they’re warm and don’t take up a lot of room in your suitcase.

Hot Chillys PeachSkins, EssentialApparel.com, $31.90
When it’s a high of 5 degrees, you’ll be happy you have your long john’s on. These Peach Skins are a far cry from the wool red onesie you had when you were five.

And look out for more 2007 trends when I get back!

No comments: