Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Cure for the Common Ladies Shave Gel

The cool weather is no excuse for not shaving your legs. And although I’m sometimes guilty of “letting my legs go” I usually get to the point where it must be done.

For a while I’ve been turned off from those drugstore squirt bottles of shaving gels. They just seem like a man’s answer the fact that women actually shave too.

These shave lotions especially for women are a much better alternative.






Kiehl's 'Simply Mahvelous Legs' Shave Cream

I originally tried this product when it came in a huge tub, and was called Ladies “Close Shaverettes.” It’s a thick formula with herbal calendula & chamomile, so it leaves your legs extra moisturized and helps to avoid nicks. I’m excited that it now comes in an easy to use tube.













Benefit Bathina Sweet Satin Shave

Although this shave lotion comes in a large tub that is a little cumbersome in the shower (I had to dump out the water that got into it while the lid was off), it’s like luxurious whipped mousse. It’s very silky, also has chamomile, and makes shaving easy. If this came in a tube it would probably be my favorite.










Trader Joe's (Alba Botanica) Mango Vanilla Cream Shave

I couldn’t find an image of this lotion, and recently it hasn’t been available in the Trader Joe’s stores. But with a little searching, I found out that this amazing mango vanilla shave cream is actually produced by Alba Botanica. So if you can’t find the cheaper Trader Joe’s version, these Alba Botanica ones are the perfect replacement.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is the best- plus it's slightly exfoliating and leaves your legs feeling cool and fresh! (it also comes in a tube with a closeable cap for travel!)

http://www.kissmyface.com/Product/Kiss+My+Face/Moisture+Shaves/0901173EA/

Tara said...

I love all the Kiss My Face products. I've used the mens shave cream on my legs, but I haven't seen this one yet. Great suggestion!!!

~Tara