Thursday, November 02, 2006

Plaid Please

If SJP and Alexander McQueen can do it...

One Christmas I received a gorgeous genuine Scottish plaid skirt from my aunt that had belonged to my grandmother. I was always a little apprehensive about wearing it because with its Kelly Green color it definitely stands out. But no more! Plaid is back! I’ve been waiting 5 years to wear my skirt confidently and now I can.

Plaid is everywhere this season, and not just in the old standby kilt skirt. I love these updated tartans.

For a cocktail
party

Flats with the Audrey Hepburn skinny black pant

Gorgeous silk
clutch

A bright
scarf to be paired with the new swing-bell coats

Finally, if you’re actually Scottish, you can figure out what your clan tartan is and order a mini
skirt in it! I’m definitely doing this…

Or if you’re brave enough to wear this luxurious Alexander McQueen mini kilt

Remember when wearing plaid; only wear one item of plaid. Don’t mix plaids, and try to keep the rest of your outfit simple. You've come a long way from Braveheart baby....


No comments: